Why this project is needed in downtown Milwaukee:
- According to a recent survey of downtown users, 71% of downtown resident respondents, who are dog owners, categorized adding dog-friendly amenities in the downtown area as “important” or “very important” to enhance livability and quality of life.
- A recent survey by Honest Paws, which ranked 50 major cities around the U.S., rated Milwaukee as the 3rd worst City to be a dog sparking the need for more and better pet facilities.
- 48% of households in the United States have at least one dog, according to American Pet Products Association.
- 15,000+ dogs estimated in greater downtown Milwaukee.
- 3.5+ miles from downtown to the nearest public dog park.
- 15 dog-friendly hotels within walking distance of the site.